1. How many invitation cards were sent yesterday?2. Even the best students frequently make this mistake.
3.Glenn Miller was killed in an air crash in England.
4. Bread is bought at the baker’s.
5. In 1921, Chaplin was awarded by the French government for his outstanding work as a filmmaker.
1. She needs be taken care of.
2. The design had spoiled and it was good for nothing.
3. That wonderful picture had looked at with admiration.
4. The work was done with due care and understanding.
5. John Fitzgerald Kennedy, the 35th US President, was assassinated in 1963, in Dallas, Texas.
1. Were you offered that job?
2. No major decision was taking without his father’s knowledge or advice.
3. I was given five shillings change at the shop.
4. Is this academic journal published twice a month?
5. The song «We Are the World» was originally recorded by the supergroup USA for Africa in 1985.
1. He was shot with rifle.
2. Evidently somebody had informed him of the news before.
3. These consonants pronounced with aspiration.
4. Mr Smith’s lectures were being listened to with interest.
5. No prince of the house of Lancaster betrayed a wish to renew the quarrel with the Church.
1. Did the noise in the next room disturb you last night?
2. The classified research is still being carried out.
3. I was shocked by your attitude.
4. The positive hydrogen atoms are attracted to the negative oxygen atoms.
5. The speaker had tried to urge the crowd forward to show their opposition to the new law.
1. If she hadn’t been so bad-tempered, I might have married her.
2. We Are the World was written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie.
3. A ballet school is being built in this district.
4. Friends are needed both for joy and for sorrow.
5. Hemingway’s experiences in Italy during World War I became the material for one of his best-loved novels, A Farewell to Arms.
1. Vitamins A, C, E and K contained within the strawberry are vital to health.
2. Only once had the grandfather been angry.
3. The mission was found to be impossible.
4. The work must be finished as soon as possible.
5. Philadelphia International Airport was evacuated for about an hour yesterday morning.
1. The thief was caught easily for he was described thoroughly.
2. The first parachute designed by Leonardo da Vinci.
3. Those impolite girls shouldn’t have been invited to our party.
4. Will a new suit have bought for your brother tomorrow?
5. The subject in the Armenian sentence may sometimes be omitted.
1. The Passive Voice is formed with the help of to be + Past Participle.
2. Why haven’t the suitcases packed yet?
3. On his way home he was attacked by unknown men.
4. The letter of application had been signed before his arrival.
5. Armenian learners of English encounter some difficulty related with the rules of sequence of tenses.
1. The last student is being examined right now.
2. I ought to have phoned him this morning.
3. Dazzled by the orchestra’s brilliant performance, the audience clapped wildly.
4. Was the young gentleman asked to wait outdoors?
5. According to Holy Trinity Church records, Shakespeare was baptized on the 26th of April. download
1. The crowd cheered the football players in the stadium yesterday.
2. In the interrogative form the auxiliary verb is placed before the subject.
3. The hurricane severely damaged the houses on the shore.
4. Not a moment’s peace does she have during the day.
5. The Beatles is considered to be the most influential rock group of the era.
1. I was invited to the university ball.
2. Nouns are classified into proper and common.
3. My younger brother’s jokes had laughed at.
4. These paintings shouldn’t have been kept in a damp room.
5. Madame Tussaud’s Museum in London has got branches in a number of major cities.